Meet the Doctor
Matthew A. Pollard, D.D.S.
Dr. Matthew A. Pollard holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Hardin-Simmons University, located in Abilene, Texas. Following his graduation in 1997, Dr. Pollard worked in the environmental field until returning to university two years later to pursue a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Texas A & M Baylor College of Dentistry in his home town of Dallas, Texas. Dr. Pollard graduated with honors in 2005, receiving his regional and national board certifications, scoring in the 90th percentile in clinical and didactic components of both examinations.
Dr. Pollard has dreamed of living in Western Washington since the summer of 1992, when he first travelled to the Pacific Northwest for a month long trek of the Olympic wilderness. He returned to Washington almost every summer thereafter making similar hikes. Upon graduation from dental school, Dr. Pollard’s dream was realized when he was offered an associate position with Dr. Thomas W. Creed, who had opened his practice 26 years prior in the tight-knit community of Silverdale, Washington. A year later, Dr. Pollard purchased the practice from Dr. Creed and has enjoyed converting it into a state-of-the-art clinical dental practice.
After only his first year in practice, Dr. Pollard was recognized by the readers of Central Kitsap Reporter’s “Best Of...” awards as the Best Dentist in Central Kitsap. Additionally, Dr. Pollard was voted “Best Dentist" by the readers of West Sound Home & Garden Magazine.
Dr. Pollard’s goals in practice are to:
- reduce the prevalence of dental disease
- effectively communicate treatment options to patients
- maintain skilled clinicians and business staff
- remain a dental student throughout his career through continuing education and the study of current literature
- utilize quality materials and proven techniques
- assure his patients receive the best, most advanced dental technology available
- provide prompt emergency care
- offer care to those with dental anxiety
- make care available to those with special needs
- give back locally to the Kitsap community, and reach out to the underserved globally
- respect the environment