Meet Dr. Pollard
Matthew A. Pollard, D.D.S.
Dentist in Silverdale, WAPollard Dental
Dr. Matt Pollard graduated from Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, TX with a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 1997. He worked in the Environmental Field for three years before returning to school. In 1999 he began his pursuit of a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry in his hometown of Dallas,TX. He graduated in 2005 with honors, and received his regional and national board certifications, scoring in the 90th percentile in clinical and didactic components of both examinations.
Dr. Pollard has dreamed of living in western Washington since he first traveled there for a month during high school in 1992 from Texas. He spent almost every summer thereafter traveling to Washington to hike in the Olympic Wilderness. Upon graduation from dental school, Dr. Pollard’s dream was realized when he was offered a position as the associate of Dr. Thomas W. Creed, in the Silverdale, WA practice he had started 26 years prior. A year later, Dr. Pollard purchased the practice from Dr. Creed, and has enjoyed converting it into the most state of the art clinical dental practice in Silverdale.
After only his first year in practice, Dr. Pollard was recognized by the readers of the Central Kitsap Reporter’s “Best Of...” awards as the Best Dentist in Central Kitsap in 2007, and then again the following year in 2008. In 2011, Dr. Pollard was voted “Best Dentist" by the readers of West Sound Home & Garden Magazine.
Dr. Pollard’s goals in practice are to:
- reduce the prevalence of dental disease
- effectively communicate treatment options to patients
- maintain skilled clinicians and business staff
- remain a dental student throughout his career thru continuing education and the study of current literature
- utilize quality materials and proven techniques
- assure his patients receive the best, most advanced dental technology available
- provide prompt emergency care
- offer care to those with dental anxiety
- make care available to those with special needs
- give back locally to the Kitsap community, and reach out to the underserved globally
- respect the environment
Dr. Pollard’s mission is to work with you to bring your oral health and appearance to its greatest possible potential.